Basketball England Level 2 Coach Award
This is the standard level of coaching qualification for all club coaches at local level. The award gives a general overview of all aspects of basketball, and a basic introduction to sports coaching. Scroll down for dates
About the Course
Virtual Classroom 1: January 31st, 6.30pm-8pm (Monday)
Virtual Classroom 2: February 1st, 6pm-8pm (Tuesday)
Virtual Classroom 3: February 1st, 8pm-10pm (Tuesday)
Virtual Classroom 4: February 3rd, 22nd 6pm-8pm (Thursday)
Virtual Classroom 5: February 3rd, 8pm-10pm (Thursday)
Face to face day 1: February 5th, 9-5pm (Saturday)*
Face to face day 2: February 6th, 9-5pm (Sunday)*
* Leigh Academy, Dartford
- Monday: The Principles of Great Coaching Delivery
- Tuesday: The Coaching Process
- Thursday: Moments of the Game
£225 per candidate by transfer only to:
Name: Kent Tigers Basketball Club Ltd
Account No: 60123748
Sort Code: 60-83-71
This is the standard level of coaching qualification for all basketball coaches at local level. The award gives a general overview of all aspects of basketball, and a introduction to basketball coaching. Learners can expect to cover the following:
- Roles and responsibilities of the coach
- The coaching process (plan, do, review)
- Individual fundamentals
- Team fundamentals
- Developing team play
- Sports science
- Moments of the Game (Attack and Defence)
Who is the course for?
This course is specifically for individuals who have experience of coaching and are operating in a club environment.
Successful achievement of this course allows learners to coach independently. This can lead to paid or voluntary roles in the club environment. It can also lead to further learning or training in the area of coaching basketball and/or other related areas.
We currently have paid coaching opportunities at the Kent Tigers Basketball Club, please contact Sten via email: email@example.com.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be appropriately identified
- Hold a level 1 basketball coach award*
- Have experience of playing basketball at local / regional / national or international level
- Be able to evidence delivering basketball coaching sessions over the past twelve months
- Have access to a minimum of a level 2 basketball coach in their club environment.
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- Have access to a laptop/tablet, good Wi-Fi and microphone to participate in virtual classroom sessions. Any special learning requirements must be made clear at the registration process
**If learners do not hold a Basketball England level 1 award but meet the remaining eligibility criteria identified above, they can be accepted onto the course. A witness statement must be obtained by a coach in their club to confirm their experience of delivering basketball coaching sessions over the past 12 months. Details of this should be submitted upon registration of the learner details. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the format / duration of the course?
The course is delivered through a blended learning approach. This consists of:
- E-learning via the Basketball England e-platform
- Session 1: The Principles of Great Coaching Delivery (1.5 hours)
- Session 2-3: The Coaching Process (2 hours each)
- Sessions 4-5: Moments of the Game (2 hours each)5 virtual classroom sessions:
- 2 x face to face tutored sessions at a regional venue, facilitated by a Basketball England tutor
- Completion of 4 linked and progressive coaching sessions in a club environment (supported by a mentor)
- Practical assessment (in your club environment by an approved Basketball England assessor).